Released on: December 3, 2021
- A new active validation detects concept models derived from the same OWL ontology and provides a way to merge elements and diagrams together losslessly.
- A new experimental 'Discover Model Implications' menu item provides a way to use automated reasoning.
- New menu items under 'Display' provide ways to explore and reveal distant connections between two classes on a concept modeling diagram.
- A new 'Layout Concept Modeling Diagram Style' menu item provides an appropriate way to lay out a concept modeling diagram.
- Using 'Quick Diagram Layout' on a concept modeling diagram now uses the new dedicated layout.
- A diagrammed reference concept model for 'gUFO: A Lightweight Implementation of the Unified Foundational Ontology (UFO)' is now part of the CCM library.
- A new template provides a way to create gUFO-based concept modeling projects.
- When exporting to OWL a dialog now offers to generate labels that would match the end of each corresponding UML element's IRI.
Progressive model problem detection and correction
- CCM now warns when concept models have the same IRI.
- CCM now offers to migrate a concept model to another with the same IRI while preserving all diagrams and element references.
- CCM now warns when a user has imported an OWL ontology that is already provided as a concept model in the CCM library.
- CCM now offers to add a project usage when a user has imported an OWL ontology that is already provided as a concept model in the CCM library.
- CCM now flags an error when a «Concept Model» or «Model» stereotype is missing from a package that owns a concept modeling diagram.
- CCM now offers to apply a missing «Concept Model» stereotype to a package that owns a concept modeling diagram.
- CCM now flags as errors classes that a reasoner has determined to be unsatisfiable.
- The subproperties tree window now opens faster for large projects.
Natural Language Glossary improvements
- Model-generated definitions are now clearer.
- Descriptions for restrictions with the same successor are now merged for each concept entry.
- Descriptions for a class with multiple complete generalization sets are now separate.
- «Anything» concepts are now merged into a single concept entry named by the TopConceptName report variable.
- The name prefix for unnamed concept entries can now be renamed by changing the UnnamedConceptEntriesNamePrefix report variable.
- The index tab for unnamed concept entries can now be renamed by changing the UnnamedConceptEntriesIndexTabName report variable.
- Exporting multiple selected concept models to OWL is possible again.
- Creating an auto-defining diagram now displays paths between all restricting and restricted properties.
- Applying a stereotype missing from an outdated version of the profile results in an actionable error message.
- Opening an older project will now generate an actionable error message instead of offering to apply the «Restriction» stereotype missing from an outdated profile.
- CCM now refers to the packaged OWL file when attempting to export a standard library concept model.
- Updated IRI tagged value on a concept modeling package now persists after editing.
- Importing an inverse property from OWL now persists its property characteristics.
- Importing a functional datatype property from OWL now applies the «Functional» stereotype to its corresponding UML property.
- Exporting a datatype property to OWL now correctly generates its cardinality restrictions.
- Generated OWL export path now uses Unix file separator when saved in fileExportPath tagged value.
- Exporting a package that does not reference the Concept Modeling Support Library will no longer display unnecessary warnings.
- Exporting a concept model that references a foreign instance specification no longer exports a label for the instance specification.
- Exporting an instance specification now correctly adds import statements for references to external elements.
News of earlier versions
- What's New in Cameo Concept Modeler 19.0 LTR SP1
- What's New in Cameo Concept Modeler 19.0 LTR